Day 1 : Istanbul – Eceabat
06:00Transfer vehicle will begin the circuit around the hotels for pickups.
We ask that customers be ready at reception of hotel for transfer to Eceabat.
Pickups between 6.30& 7am, depending on number of customers from each hotel..
07:00 Transfer to Eceabat by TJS TOUR bus.
Morning & night showings of Gallipoli documentary, “The Fatal Shore” & the movie “Gallipoli” on the bus.
12.00 Arrive in Eceabat where you will be met by the staff of TJs TOURS.
Lunch in Eceabat.
12.30 Depart from here you’ll drive to the ANZAC Battlefield area to start an emotional & memorable tour.
On tour you’ll visit:
- Kabatepe( Brighton Beach )
- Beach Cemetery (John Simpson’s Grave)
- ANZAC Cove
- Ari Burnu (First ANZAC landing place)
- Lone Pine Cemetery (Australian memorial)
- Johnston’s Jolly (Walk in the ANZAC trenches) – view Shrapnel Valley
- Turkish Memorial
- The Nek(Light Horse scene depicted in the Gallipoli movie) &Walker’s Ridge
- Chunuk Bair (Main New Zealand memorial)
- Overnight in Eceabat at TJS HOTEL (BB)
Day 2 : Cultural Day Tour
- 30 Depart from TJs Hotel.
- 00 Ferry crossing from Eceabat to Çanakkale over the famous Dardanelle waters.
- 30 Arrival in Çanakkale and drive to the site of Troy, 36km to the south.
- Tour the historic home of the Trojan wars at Troy with a local, english speaking guide.
- Here you will see the remains of 9 city levels destroyed over time by different forms of destruction both human and natural. You will hear the stories of the myth and the history behind the excavations.
- Depart for Assos. A traditional stone house village set upon a mountainside with a beautiful harbour down the bottom, overlooking the island of Lesvos. Here we will tour the Temple of Athena on the highest point of the mountain and have Turkish tea at a local Çay (tea) House which has an extraordinary set of coffee tables to sit at.
- Depart for Balabanlı, your host TJ’s village. Here you will wander the traditional village seeing sights such as the old wheat crushing wheel and the thatched summer houses for the sheep. Your day out will be topped off by a visit to TJs parent’s house. A small stone built house which is full of Turkish hospitality.
- Walk the village of Balabanlı.
- Late evening departure for Eceabat.
- Anyone wishing to go southbound may be dropped off at the bus station in Ayvacik for an onward bus journey.
- Fully guided 4/5hr Gallipoli tour with local, Professional English speaking guide.
- All transportation in private ‘Non Smoking’ bus.
- Entrance and ferry fees included.
- Fully guided tour of Gallipoli, Troy and Assos.
There are very few toilets in the battlefield area. Go before tour!
There are also very few bins so please collect your rubbish & put it back on the bus so we can dispose of it responsibly later on.
Take your bathers/togs/cossies/swimmers for a swim at lunchtime when & if time & weather permits.
There are no shops at the battlefields, so remember to buy water & nibblies before you leave Eceabat.
Remember to take sunscreen & a hat if you’re not fond of direct sunlight as there is minimal shade available. Shorts are fine to wear on the peninsula but remember to wear sensible shoes as you will be walking on uneven ground at times & there are snakes in the area.
Times change according to the season & weather conditions.