ANZAC DAY 2017 ~ GALLIPOLI PENINSULA
102th Anniversary of the landings at ANZAC Cove!
TJs TOURS invites you to join us for an unforgettable ANZAC day.
Pay your respect on the ground where the ANZAC legend was forged.
TJs TOURS is in Eceabat, the closest town to the ANZAC battlefields; just 10km. TJ has been running daily, professional Gallipoli tours for over 26yrs. His team, have the best local knowledge of the area for back-roads, weather and any traffic obstacles that may be incurred on a day such as ANZAC Day. This is a bonus due to the thousands of visitors and hundreds of coaches involved in the day.
So who better to tour ANZAC Day with but the locals?
TJs TOURS offers a number of options for the ANZAC Day period.
WHY CHOOSE TJs TOURS?
- We specialize in Gallipoli. We run tours to the battlefields everyday of the year, all year round.
- We’re a local company with over 26 years experience on the battlefields, we know the logistics of moving big tour groups around the peninsula during this time of year.
- Our guided tour of the ANZAC are is taken on the 23rd and 26th of April to avoid the crowds. These days should see minimal package tourists from other companies. This means you will get the maximum benefit from the tour and the surroundings with more time to reflect at each site.
- We don’t rush you through the battlefields. Our guided tour takes 5hrs.
- Most importantly, our guides are all qualified, Turkish/English-speaking. This is an important day and a major part of your countries history. Therefore, you should have the best. Our guides specialize in Gallipoli. They know the area inside out and have a passion for the battlefields. All our guides tour the battlefields on a regular basis, all year round. Our guides aim to bring the stories & history of the battlefields to life for you.
- Because all our accommodation is local, you have time to relax and enjoy your time here. There’s no long bus rides to and from your accommodation.
- We do not promote excessive drinking on the night of ANZAC eve. We ask that all our customers remember why they are here on the peninsula and respect others rights to experience ANZAC Day for the purpose that it serves; to remember and commemorate all those who fought and gave their lives for us so we could live safely in peace.
Because ANZAC Day is the busiest time of year for our area, we ask that you reserve a space as soon as possible. Accommodation spaces are limited and fill quickly. Due to the great demand, places are given on a first-in, first-served basis. To avoid disappointment full payment is required to ensure your booking is secured.
Accommodation varies according to the package you choose. Please read t is included at the bottom of each tour. All accommodation places used with our tours for the ANZAC Day section are located on and around the Gallipoli Peninsula and Canakkale. All hotel rooms have private bathrooms, but the majority of our hosel rooms also have private bathrooms, which will be of great benefit to you as there are very few toilets on the battlefields. We will notify you of the room you will be securing before payment is made.
1. Read through the options we have here on our website and choose the one that best suits you.
2. At the bottom of each page, there is a booking form that you can complete and submit so secure a place. 3. 3. When we receive your form, we will send you an email or fax (your choice) to confirm that we have the spaces available and with this will come the directions for payment. According to the payment method you tick on your booking form, we will send you a credit card form or our bank details for a money transfer. Please note, when choosing a payment method that all banks have different transfer charges for international credit card transactions and international bank transfer. It’s important to ask your bank what charges they will be making at your end before you decide which method would be best for you.
Please note: The ANZAC Battelfields is an alcohol-free zone. Anyone taking alcohol into the Dawn service site may be escorted back to town by the local military police. This is an agreement between the Commonwealth War Graves, Australian, New Zealand governments and the local Turkish authorities.
Due to a small number of alcohol related incidents we have observed on other tours during previous ANZAC Day periods, TJs TOURS reserves the right to decide on an individual's level of intoxication and refuse access to our buses if the individual is deemed overly intoxicated. There is no refund available to anyone in this position. We expect everyone on our tours to behave appropriately for the ANZAC ceremonies.
Basic information : on collection points for clients, weather conditions and appropriate attire for your tour and the general details of times etc will be sent out with a full confirmation after receiving your payment.
Drop off points : at the conclusion of the tour will be as close to possible to your accmmodation choice.
Transport: We hire private, fully a/c buses for the ANZAC period. If there is not enough numbers for an ongoing bus to proceed, we reserve the right to place people on local, high quality coaches for that small section of their trip. If this is needed, we will have a private transfer vehicle waiting with driver to take them off the bus and to their accommodation.
Accommodation : All bookings are on a first-in, first-served basis. This means that the earlier you reserve, the more options you have. All accommodation for the ANZAC Day section are located in and around the Gallipoli Peninsula and Canakkale. The extended Turkey tour clients will have a variety of hotel style accommodation as we choose the accommodation to suit the surroundings.
What to bring: A detailed information page will be sent to you with the confirmation of your booking request. It outlines all the important tips covering what to bring, wear and expect for the day. Great tips on the service itself are also included.