Gallipoli movie starring Mel Gibson.
|Day 1 :
Morning & night showings of Gallipoli documentary, “The Fatal Shore” & the movie “Gallipoli”.
Time to buy nibblies & water.
|Transfer vehicle will begin the circuit around the hotels for pickups.
We ask that customers be ready at reception of hotel for transfer to Eceabat.
Pickups between 6.30 & 7am, depending on number of customers from each hotel..
Transfer to Eceabat by TJS TOURS bus.
Arrive in Eceabat where you will be met by the staff of TJs TOURS.
Depart TJs Hotel for a fully guided Gallipoli tour.
From here you’ll drive to the ANZAC Battlefield area to start an emotional & memorable tour.
On tour you will visit:
Kabatepe Epic Promotion Centre (War Museum)
Beach Cemetery (John Simpson's Grave)
Ari Burnu (First ANZAC landing place)
Lone Pine Cemetery (Australian memorial)
Johnston's Jolly (Walk in the ANZAC trenches)
View Shrapnel Valley
The Nek & Walker's Ridge
Chunuk Bair (Main New Zealand memorial)
Return to TJs TOURS Agency & Hotel in Eceabat.
Please tell us before tour if you would like us to research or locate an ANZAC grave. There are no registers out on the peninsula.
|Day 2 :
||Early morning departure form Eceabat where you will cross the famous Dardanelle waters & proceed to the ancient site of Troy, 36km south of Canakkale. Our local english speaking guide will tour you around the 9 city ruins on the site of Troy explaining the people from the era, their houses & culture & the reason for the final destruction of each city. The commentary is filled with mythical stories of the site & surrounding areas while filling you in on the history of the excavations, the excavators & their findings.
- At the site you’ll be shown around:
- A replica of the wooden horse that you can climb into for a photo.
- Excavation information centre which holds exhibits from the work underway.
- The fortification walls of Troy Vl with its tower & gateway entrance.
- Temple of Athena - the focal point of a great annual festival in honour of the goddess Athena.
- Schliemann’s trench - the discoverer of Troy?
- The entrance ramp to Troy ll.
- The sanctuary - an important religious centre of its time.
- The odeon - intended for the presentation of musical performances.
- Current excavations in progress.
- We then continue south towards Pergamum visiting the PERGAMUM ACROPOLIS.
- ATHENA and TROJAN TEMPLES, TEMPLE of ZEUS,TEMPLE of DIONYSOS, GYMNASIUM of YOUTH, ODEON, LIBRARY, AGORA, GREAT THEATRE and ROMAN BATH.
- Continue down to Selcuk or Kusadasi.
TOURS RUN DAILY
The tour includes a 4-5 hour guided tour of the ANZAC area, 1-2 hrs at Troy & 1-2 hrs at Pergamum, all transportation, lunch & museum entrance fee.
- There are very few toilets in the battlefield area. Go before tour!
- There are also very few bins so please collect your rubbish & put it back on the bus so we can dispose of it responsibly later on.
- Take your bathers/togs/cossies/swimmers for a swim at lunchtime when & if time & weather permits.
- There are no shops at the battlefields, so remember to buy water & nibblies before you leave Eceabat.
- Remember to take sunscreen & a hat if you're not fond of direct sunlight as there is minimal shade available. Shorts are fine to wear on the peninsula but remember to wear sensible shoes as you will be walking on uneven ground at times & there are snakes in the area.
Times change according to the season & weather conditions.